Potatoes are one of my weaknesses. I could eat a big bowl of potato chips every day of the week if my bum, hips and thighs would cooperate with me. Potato chips and gravy, potato chips and sauce, potato chips on a sandwich, potato chips and chicken salt (make that extra chicken salt). I love chips!
A packet of frozen chips is good to have in the freezer because they’re so quick and easy to have as a side occasionally, during those busy times.
But what if you could make them yourself, they’re just as easy and taste even better? Well you can! Homemade food always tastes better and it’s also better for you because you know what you’re putting in your food.
I make sweet potato chips with salmon and vegies at least once a week and each week I’ll dress the salmon up in different ways (‘how to dress up your salmon’ post is in the making). In the last few weeks I’ve gone rustic and have been making homemade oven baked potato chips/wedges so I want to share this quick, easy and delicious recipe with you.
Warning: Frozen chips may never meet your standards again…
- 4-5 medium/large desiree potatoes
- 1/2 medium sweet potato
- Cayenne Pepper
- Himalayan salt
- Olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Put your potato and sweet potato chips in a big bowl.
4. Sprinkle the chips with 1-2 teaspoons of paprika, cayenne pepper to taste and a good pinch of himalayan salt.
5. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl with your chips and give them a stir with a wooden spoon. This will coat the chips with the spices and olive oil.
7. Place the trays in the preheated over and leave to cook for about 40 minutes or until golden brown with a bit of crunch. Keep your eye on them because you might need to turn the oven down the they brown to quickly.
8. Take them out when they are well cooked and enjoy them as a side with your meal or if you want to be naughty have a bowl of them to yourself!